LCADC, CSAT-C, CCTP, SAP, CCGC, ICADC
New Jersey License No. 37LC00142600
Executive Director of The Cognitive Change Center
Leigh is a national award winning addictions specialist. Leigh is the 2014 winner of the prestigious NAADAC Lora Roe Drug and Alcohol counselor of the year. She won this awards for her never ending dedication and authenticity in the field of addictions.
Leigh Kolodny-Kraft is a seasoned Masters level licensed Addictions Counselor in New Jersey and internationally certified addictions specialist who is committed to treating adults, adolescents and their families with respect, understanding, and a wealth of experience gained from specialized training and years of work with the addiction, codependency, and trauma populations. Leigh Kolodny-Kraft specializes in individual, couples and family therapy with a focus on Addictions and Codependency.
Leigh Kolodny-Kraft was awarded the 2014 Lora Roe Alcoholism and Drug Addiction Counselor of the Year award by NAADAC, the National Association for Addiction Professionals. Ms. Kolodny-Kraft was honored with this prestigious award for her work in the field of Addictions and Codependency.
With over 16 years experience as a therapist, and as a graduate of Fairleigh Dickinson University specializing in Addictions and Codependency she is currently serving as a private practitioner working with a broad spectrum of client needs. Leigh has been asked to speak at multiple conferences and has been a guest on radio shows sharing her knowledge in the field of addictions.
Among her areas of expertise and training are
• Substance Abuse / Chemical Dependency
• Dual Diagnosis / Co-Occuring Disorders
• Co-Dependency Issues
• Adult Child of an Alcoholic Issues
• Parent-Child Conflict Due to Addiction
• Intimacy Disorders including Sex and love Addiction (Certified Sex Addiction
Therapist Candidate) CSAT-C
• Anxiety and Depression
• Crisis Intervention
• Anger Management
• Adolescent Issues
• Oppositional Defiant Disorder
• Gambling Addiction (Certified Clinical Gambling Counselor)
• Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (Certified Clinical Trauma Professional)
• Prescription Drug Dependance and pain management
• Step Family Therapy (Certified Step Family Therapist)
• Court Mandated Substance Abuse Evaluations
• Comprehensive Substance Abuse Evaluations
• SAP certified to conduct Substance Abuse Evaluations for the Department of
• Drug Abuse Urinalysis Testing both Instant and Lab Based
• Alternatives to Traditional Intensive Outpatient Programs.
• Individualized intensive therapy customized according to Individual and family
• Customized Individually Based Intensive Therapy for the Upper Level Executive or • High Profile Client who cannot attend Traditional Intensive Outpatient Programs
An interactive, solution-focused therapist.
Leigh Kolodny-Kraft is an interactive, solution-focused therapist who treats the person not the diagnosis. She firmly believes that there is more to each person than their diagnosis and individuals are not their addictions. A mental health or addictions diagnosis should not define who a person is. Often the addiction is a symptom of another life issue. Her multidimensional therapeutic approach allows her to provide support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address personal life challenges. She integrates complementary methodologies and techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client.
Leigh Kolodny-Kraft recognizes that each client is individual and each client’s addiction has its own unique underlying causes which need to be addressed according to that person’s individual needs. Individual’s with addiction and codependency issues often come into treatment feeling completely powerless and as if their lives are out of control. With compassion and understanding, Leigh works with each individual to help them build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing. Through this Leigh’s clients are able to address the underlying issues driving their substance use or other destructive behaviors. Leigh recognizes that to many change often feels like a burden and unattainable. Leigh motivates and helps each client develop the confidence and skills to carry out change in a less threatening way. Leigh believes there is a difference between teaching clients skills and coping tools and motivating a client to actually utilize them.
Leigh Kolodny-Kraft holds that one size does not fit all especially in addiction and codependency therapy. She advocates for choice in treatment and an individualized approach. She recognizes that while the 12 Step approach may work very well for some and will utilize with those clients, it may not suit all individuals. For those individuals Leigh Kolodny-Kraft utilizes the SMART Recovery system (Self Management And